Given the world crisis with Corona-virus we have had numerous discussions amongst the MIOG team and from theses discussions we feel that we now have no alternative but to cancel the show for the;
24th/25th of October 2020.
We feel that we will not be able to offer an exhibition that would be not only safe, for exhibitors & traders, but also safe for visitors to the exhibition. We also have to think about our small dedicated Exhibition team, that would be involved in the set up and running of the show. Most of our families are involved with running the exhibition, it doesn't seem fair to ask them to step into a situation that isn't potentially safe. We don’t have the space to allow us to comply with social distancing regulations that are currently being enforced by the government. All be it that these may have been reduced by the time of our exhibition, but at this current time we can't afford to take chances when money is involved. We’ve been exploring various options regarding this, and unfortunately we feel that it would not be safe to hold the exhibition at the end of the year, and deliver the great standard of exhibition you would expect without making sacrifices. Combined with the none guarantee that the tourism trade will be back open. Which could make booking exhibitors and traders into nearby hotels difficult. It could also affect visitor numbers to the exhibition, and would mean the show could potentially run at a loss, and traders would be out of pocket.
We hope that everyone who was signed up and planned to attend the show in 2020 will understand the difficult decision that we’ve had to make. It’s certainly not one that we’ve taken lightly. (We've certainly not enjoyed making it)
We endeavour to work with our sponsors Avocet Travel, traders & exhibitors to confirm a new date for 2021 this will likely be the same weekend in October, at the new venue of Crewe Heritage Centre. Once its safe to restart the planning process and running of exhibition in a safe manner. We will be contacting Traders & Exhibitors later in the year to book for our new 2021 exhibition once we have confirmed these details with the venue.
We hope that you’ll understand our decision and continue to support the Modern Image O Gauge show & venture. If you have any further questions regarding this year's show, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
In the mean time we will endeavour to bring you more content, guides and more exciting plans for the rest of the year! We'd like to thank all of our supporters, and most importantly stay safe!
from all of the MIOG Team